Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Telling Time

Today our math lesson was about telling time.  We made clocks today to help us practice.  Here are some of the times that we practiced on our clocks:

  • bedtime
  • wake up time
  • the time school starts
  • the time we eat lunch
  • the time we go to specialists
  • the time that school ends
Practicing time a little each day is very helpful!  Students are taking their clocks home today so that they have a clock to practice on!




Also, today in literacy we worked on this week's high-frequency words.  They are words that I told the kids that they should know how to read, spell/write, use/put in a sentence!  I told them I just might jump out at them at Target and ask them a word! :)

Here are this week's words:

  • I've - We wrote a sentence about something that they have done.
  • run - We wrote a sentence about something that they would run away from.
  • fell - We wrote a sentence about something that someone could fall from.
  • fire - We wrote a fire safety rule.
  • never - We wrote a sentence about something that would never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment