Friday, October 10, 2014

Plickers

Today we tried to a new quiz format called, "Plickers."  Each student is assigned a "scan code."  Here they are showing their codes!


Next I put a question up on the SMART board.  *I do realize I inadvertently gave them the answer in the question on this one!


Next they choose their answer - A, B, C, or D.  They turn their code to match the "direction" of the letter.  Their is a letter on each side of the code.



I put letter stickers on the back of each of their codes so that they would know which direction to turn their code.  Below is a view from the back side.


Finally I quickly scan their codes using the camera on my iPad or iPhone.  This is a screen shot of my iPad.  I can see who has answered and whether or not it was correct.  I can also see when their code has been scanned because their name pops up.

It's a fun new way to check for understanding!
 

1 comment:

  1. Very Cool! Kids love doing things in new ways-- Was it easy or hard for you? You should come to a staff iPad share, and share these cool ideas!

    ReplyDelete