Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Heart

This morning we spent some time talking about being kind. I showed them this picture of a nice "new" heart. Then we talked about what happens when people say and do unkind things to us.



I slowly started to crumple up the heart. Their eyes got really big! We talked about how when people do or say unkind things, it hurts our feelings. People can offer forgiveness and try to make it right, but sometimes it's hard to forget the hurt. I can try to smooth out the wrinkles in the paper heart, but I can't make it look exactly like it did before. We talked about the power of our words and how important it is to choose to be kind. 





Then I read a great book called, The Sweetest Fig. It illustrates well the ideas of different perspectives and how our actions affect others. See if your child can tell you about the "surprise" ending! 

No comments:

Post a Comment